Welcome to the 2020 Optimization Days
GERAD is proud to join efforts with the organizing committee of the International Symposium on Combinatorial Optimization (ISCO) to welcome you to HEC Montréal for a joint ISCO & JOPT 2020 conference. Participants registered for either event will have access to all parallel tracks, six plenary sessions, and two tutorials. On the social side, the traditional wine and cheese held on Monday at 5:30 p.m., is sure to be a great opportunity for members of both communities to network and discuss. We hope to see a great many of you there!
The members of the JOPT 2020 organizing committee
Optimization Days is an annual conference organized alternately by the Groupe d'Études et de Recherche en Analyse des Décisions (GERAD) and the Interuniversity Research Centre on Enterprise Networks, Logistics and Transportation (CIRRELT).
The conference aims to survey theory, numerical methods, and applications of optimization. It provides researchers from around the world the opportunity to exchange and to collaborate.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Conic and polynomial optimization
- Constraint programming
- Derivative-free optimization
- Dynamic programming and optimal control
- Game theory
- Global optimization
- Heuristics and metaheuristics
- Linear and integer optimization
- Machine learning and data-driven optimization
- Multicriteria decision aid
- Networks and graphs
- Nonlinear optimization
- Statistical methods and data mining
- Stochastic and robust optimization
- Applications in all areas, and particularly in:
- Energy, environment and natural resources
- Financial engineering and mathematical finance
- Operations management
- Smart grids
We especially encourage presentations on new methods of optimization and their applications. The conference languages will be French and English. In 2020, Optimization Days will be held at HEC Montréal, 3000 chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Montreal, near the Campus of the Université de Montréal.
- Alper Atamtürk, University of California-Berkeley, USA (ISCO 2020 speaker)
- Amitabh Basu, Johns Hopkins University, USA (ISCO 2020 speaker)
- Daniel Bienstock, Columbia University, USA (ISCO 2020 speaker)
- Alan Edelman, MIT, USA
- Daniel Kuhn, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Leo Liberti, CNRS LIX, École Polytechnique, France
- Margarida Da Silva Carvalho, Université de Montréal, Canada
- David P. Sanders, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico
- Jian Tang, HEC Montréal, Canada
The preliminary program will be available on our Web in April 2020.
- February 28, 2020 - Deadline for submission of abstracts for the Optimization Days
- The notification of acceptance will be sent as abstracts will be submitted.
- April 3, 2020 - Deadline for the registration fee discount
2020 Optimization Days