Welcome to the 2016 Optimization Days and PROMETHEE Days
GERAD is pleased and proud to welcome you to HEC Montréal for this international conference that, this year, combines the Optimization Days with the PROMETHEE Days 2016. We are offering five plenary sessions, including one dedicated to PROMETHEE 2016, and five tutorials, including one on PROMETHEE 2016. On the social side, the traditional wine and cheese held on Monday at 5:30 p.m., is sure to be a great opportunity for networking and discussion. We hope to see a great many of you there!
The members of the GERAD organizing committee
Optimization Days is an annual conference organized alternately by the Groupe d'Études et de Recherche en Analyse des Décisions (GERAD) and the Interuniversity Research Centre on Enterprise Networks, Logistics and Transportation (CIRRELT).
The conference aims to survey theory, numerical methods, and applications of optimization. It provides researchers from around the world the opportunity to exchange and to collaborate.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Conic and polynomial optimization
- Constraint programming
- Derivative-free optimization
- Dynamic programming and optimal control
- Game theory
- Global optimization
- Heuristics and metaheuristics
- Linear and integer optimization
- Multicriteria decision aid
- Networks and graphs
- Nonlinear optimization
- Statistical methods and data mining
- Stochastic and robust optimization
- Applications in all areas, and particularly in:
- Energy, environment and natural resources
- Financial engineering and mathematical finance
- Operations management
We especially encourage presentations on new methods of optimization and their applications. The conference languages will be French and English. In 2016, Optimization Days will be held at HEC Montréal, 3000 chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Montreal, near the Campus of the Université de Montréal.
- Jean-Pierre Brans, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
The multicriteria PROMETHEE adventure. Past, Present and Future - PROMETHEE Days
- Munther Dahleh, MIT, USA
Fragility of networked systems
- Elena Fernández, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
New models in hub location: profits for served commodities
- Andréa Lodi, Polytechnique Montréal, Canada
On big data, optimization and learning
- David C. Parkes, Harvard University, États-Unis
The design of incentive mechanisms through statistical machine learning
- Aleksandr Aravkin, University of Washington, États-Unis
Modeling and optimization in machine learning
- Adiel Teixeira de Almeida, Caroline Mota, Cristiano Cavalcante, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brazil
Multicriteria decision problems and PROMETHEE methods: Concepts, applications and visual PROMÉTHÉE software - PROMETHEE Days
- Warren Hare, The University of British Columbia, Canada
- Miles Lubin, MIT, États-Unis
Algebraic modeling for optimization with JuMP
- Cathy Macharis, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Multi actor multi criteria analysis: A tool and software to include stakeholders in the decision analysis: theory and practice
The preliminary program will be available on our Web site early March 2016.
- MArch 14, 2016 - Deadline for submission of abstracts for the Optimization Days
- March 14, 2016 - Deadline for submission of abstracts for the PROMETHEE Days
- The notification of acceptance will be sent as abstracts will be submitted.
- April 8, 2016 - Deadline for the registration fee discount
2016 Optimization Days