Welcome to the 2022 Optimization Days
The sanitary rules in effect at the time of the conference will be applied.
Optimization Days is an annual conference organized alternately by the Group for Research in Decision Analysis (GERAD) and the Interuniversity Research Centre on Enterprise Networks, Logistics and Transportation (CIRRELT).
The conference aims to survey theory, numerical methods, and applications of optimization. It provides researchers from around the world the opportunity to exchange and to collaborate.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Conic and polynomial optimization
- Constraint programming
- Data-driven mathematical optimization and machine learning
- Derivative-free optimization
- Dynamic programming and optimal control
- Game theory
- Global optimization
- Heuristics and metaheuristics
- Linear and integer optimization
- Multicriteria decision aid
- Networks and graphs
- Nonlinear optimization
- Smart grids
- Statistical methods and data mining
- Stochastic and robust optimization
- Applications in all areas, and particularly in:
- Energy, environment and natural resources
- Financial engineering and mathematical finance
- Operations management
We especially encourage presentations on new methods of optimization and their applications. The conference languages will be French and English. In 2022, Optimization Days will be held at HEC Montréal, 3000 chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Montreal, near the Campus of the Université de Montréal.
- Rodolphe Le Riche, CNRS LIMOS, France
Which Gaussian Process for Bayesian Optimization?
- Leo Liberti, CNRS LIX, École Polytechnique, France
Random Projections in Mathematical Programming: Survey and New Directions
- Claudia Alejandra Sagastizábal, Unicamp, Brazil
Energy Markets Modeled as Equilibrium Problems with Equilibrium Constraints
- Mario Veiga Pereira, PSR, Brazil
Multiscale Stochastic Co-Optimization of Reserves, Storage, Renewables and Flexibility Resources in Large Scale Systems
- Andreas Wächter, Northwestern University, USA
The APRA-E Grid Optimization Competition
- Margarida Carvalho, Université de Montréal, Canada
Mathematical Programming for Games
- Youssef Diouane, Polytechnique Montréal, Canada
Stochastic Nonlinear Least-Squares Methods with Application to Data Assimilation and Machine Learning
- Carolina Osorio, HEC Montréal, Canada
Surrogate Modeling for High-Dimensional Simulation-Based Optimization Problems
- Pierre-Olivier Pineau, HEC Montréal, Canada
Modelling Decarbonized Electricity Markets in Northeastern North America
The preliminary program will be available on our Web in April 2022.
- April 8, 2022 - Deadline for submission of abstracts for the Optimization Days
- The notification of acceptance will be sent as abstracts will be submitted.
- April 15, 2022 - Deadline for the registration fee discount
2022 Optimization Days