Optimization Days is an annual conference organized alternately by the Groupe d'Études et de Recherche en Analyse des Décisions (GERAD) and the Interuniversity Research Centre on Enterprise Networks, Logistics and Transportation (CIRRELT).
The conference aims to survey theories, numerical methods, and applications of optimization. It provides researchers from around the world the opportunity to exchange and to collaborate.Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Dynamic programming and optimal control
- Game Theory
- Heuristics and metaheuristics
- Linear and integer programming
- Multicriteria decision aid
- Networks and graphs
- Non-linear programming
- Numerical methods
- Statistical methods and data mining
- Stochastic and robust optimization
- Applications in all areas, and particularly in:
- Energy, environment and natural resources
- Financial engineering and mathematical finance
- Operations management
We especially encourage presentations on new methods of optimization and their applications. The conference languages will be French and English. In 2011, Optimization Days will be held at HEC Montréal, 3000 chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Montreal, near the Campus of the Université de Montréal.
- Asuman Ozdaglar, MIT, U.S.A.
Opinion Dynamics and Learning in Social Networks
- Warren B. Powell, Princeton University, U.S.A.
Finding the Best Policy: The Curious Case of Approximate Dynamic Programming
- Luís Nunes Vicente, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Direct Multisearch for Multiobjective Optimization
- Joaquim R.R.A. Martins, University of Michigan, U.S.A.
Multidisciplinary Design Optimization: Theory and Applications
- Jan Modersitzki, University of Lübeck, Germany
Optimal Image Registration - From Applications to Code
- Bruno Rémillard, GERAD, HEC Montréal, Canada
Monte Carlo Methods for Testing Statistical Hypotheses
- Jean-Philippe Vial, ORDECSYS and University of Geneva, Switzerland
Robust Optimization in Energy and Environmental Problems
The preliminary program will be available on our Web site early April 2011.
- March 23, 2011 - Deadline for the summary submission
- April 8, 2011 - Deadline for the registration fee discount